Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM PST
Spring Quarter (05/02/2022 – 05/13/2022)
The Center for Innovation in Global Health (CIGH) will be running a two-week intensive global health course for medical residents and fellows from 5/2/22 – 5/13/22 (MED 233: “Global Health – Beyond Diseases and International Organizations”). We are looking for a Teaching Assistant, who is currently a Stanford student, postdoc or in another training position, to help with course logistics and organization. The course is held Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM for the two-week time frame.
The Teaching Assistant’s responsibilities include:
- Scheduling classrooms
- Emailing reminders re: class, sending out assignments
- Ensuring lectures run smoothly (e.g. presentation set-up)
- Creating and maintaining a class wiki
- Taking attendance every morning and afternoon for the 10 days
- Scheduling catering for specific classes
- Creating evaluations for the course
- Aggregating the evaluation results
- and more
Position Supervisor: Cybele Renault, Course Director
Hours: The commitment is ~45 hours of work (spread out before, during and after the course ends).
Compensation: This position will be paid a $1,000 stipend.
Application: If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your current CV and letter of interest to Course Director Dr. Cybele Renault (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5 pm on Friday, March 4, 2022. Your letter of interest should summarize:
- Your background in global health
- Experience being a T.A. (including experience setting up/maintaining a Wiki)
- Interest in the position