Open until filled
Position Supervisor: Jamie Hansen, Global Health Communications Manager
Position Title: Social Media and Digital Communications Assistant
Stanford’s Center for Innovation in Global Health (CIGH) is committed to increasing well-being, worldwide. We share knowledge, equip leaders, and build teams to address urgent global health challenges and achieve health equity. We are the hub for all things Global Health at Stanford with three strategic areas: Global Health Equity, Human and Planetary Health, Leadership Diversity in the 21st Century.
The Social Media and Digital Communications Assistant will be an essential contributor to our digital communications efforts by developing and coordinating social media and web content to raise awareness of global health research, activities, and opportunities at Stanford University and beyond. They will engage with multiple audiences, curating content and strategizing outreach through a variety of channels including social media and the Stanford Global Health website, and contribute to brand marketing by developing a unique voice and online presence.
Working directly with the Global Health Communications Manager, the assistant’s responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Creating social media posts for various mediums, ensuring brand consistency and appropriate content, tone, and visuals for posts
- Assisting with strategy and planning to ensure our social media outreach is having the maximum reach and impact
- Creating graphic content for social media, website, and visual display
- Planning and promoting engagement opportunities by building and leveraging on-campus and off-campus partnerships, and with students
- Ensuring strategic and timely content development and publication through management of a content calendar
Alongside these core responsibilities, the Social Media and Digital Communications Assistant will also be encouraged to pursue and develop communications and storytelling projects in their own area of expertise or interests in global health. Depending on the applicant’s interests and abilities, additional responsibilities could include: photography, graphic design, video creation, and website content management and design.
If there is an interest, the assistant may have additional opportunities to support the Center for Innovation in Global Health, including conducting desk research and/or creating PowerPoint presentations on global health topics.
Position Length: The selected applicant will begin work during the summer of 2022, with the possibility to continue through the 2022-23 academic year if desired.
Opportunities and Benefits:
This is an excellent opportunity for students who would like to utilize innovative and engaging communications for social good, with a specific interest in global health, human and planetary health, health equity, and diversity in health leadership. The assistant will gain hands-on experience, develop relationships with global health researchers and leaders at Stanford and in the broader Bay Area, develop an understanding of the global health academic space, and gain experience in the following areas:
- Marketing and social media creation
- Multimedia and creative content development
- Education and outreach campaigns
- Graphic design
- Advocacy campaigns
- Project management
- Global Health
Students of all majors, interests, and backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Both undergrads and graduate students are welcome.
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience managing or contributing to professional social media accounts
- Detail-oriented and a strong self-starter, able to follow tasks through to completion with little supervision
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interest in global health
- Able to commit an average of 10 hours per week. Schedule is flexible and can be executed from home, with the possibility of attending some in-person events
- Experience managing website content
- Graphic design experience
- Experience taking and editing photos and/or videos
Hours: 8-10 hours per week
Compensation: Hourly — will be commensurate with experience and will follow Student Wage Scales set by the University.
Application: To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants must be current students at Stanford University.