The Center for Innovation in Global Health is pleased to offer an exciting opportunity for candidates that are passionate about global health education and equity. The Senior Program Manager for Global Health Education partners with Center Leadership to execute all global health experiential education, teaching and learning activities by providing organizational oversight, strategy, implementation and management of the large and active portfolio. The Senior Program Manager will have the opportunity to design and execute a global health education strategy that develops, implements and evaluates the effectiveness of Stanford’s global health educational programs and initiatives, exposing and inspiring graduate and undergraduate students to the primary issues in the field of Global Health, creating opportunities for clinical trainees to participate in off-site rotations with underserved populations, and equipping the next generation of global health leaders.
Specific Duties Include:
- Manage overseas clinical away rotation programs, where approximately 60 Stanford participants travel each year to work in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and underserved communities in the US.
- Work closely with senior Faculty to design and manage two global health courses offered to Stanford students. Develop curriculum, hire TA’s, secure guest lectures, meet with students, may assist in teaching.
- Coordinate and manage two mentored global health research programs: 1) the NIH-funded Global Health Equity Scholars Fellowship program, 2) global health-focused research projects for medical students through the Stanford Medicine Global Scholars Program. Design and lead a new one-year mentored research Fellowship for Stanford medical students.
- Provide leadership, mentorship and program support for undergraduate and graduate student-focused initiatives including Stanford’s Global Health Student Council, and the School of Medicine’s Organization for Global Health. Be the Center’s main point of contact for students interested in global health.
- Work with over 25 different clinical departments at the Stanford School of Medicine to cultivate support of global clinical and research efforts in global health. Coordinate the Global Health Residency Program Core Leadership Council.
- Collaborate with other campus partners to ensure travel safety; enforce code of conduct and risk management policies. Stay informed to ensure that all traveling scholars are safe and compliant with University policy.
- Formalize and maintain strategic partnerships locally and abroad with collaborators working in global health education.
- Support the Senior Associate Dean in producing lectures and presentations on various global health topics.
- Oversee and train student workers, including a Research Assistant and Teaching Assistants.
- Ensure that all administrative aspects of the global health education portfolio are completed. This involves both delegating tasks to support staff where appropriate, but the small team size and high volume of work will likely require the Manager to complete administrative tasks themselves. Tasks could include: scheduling meetings, taking meeting notes, processing travel expense reimbursements, processing rotation applications, etc.
- Knowledge of global health educational programs
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines
- Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness
- Demonstrated creativity, problem solving, critical analysis, initiative, judgment and, decision-making skills
- Solid planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Graduate level degree in education, public health, global health or relevant field
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with individuals across different levels of an organization (Faculty, students, staff, physicians)
- Knowledge of global health and the main issues within, including the concept of Decolonizing Global Health
- Experience working with diverse clinical partners
- Experience running and executing complex international programs
- Experience supervising students and overseeing high-quality research products
- Experience working in higher education
The Senior Program Manager is based at the Stanford Center for Innovation in Global Health, reports to the Center’s Executive Director, and works closely with the Senior Associate Dean for Global Health. This is a full-time role with a hybrid work arrangement.
Please Apply Here: http://m.rfer.us/STANFORD2i8GEu