Following are resources from the Communicating for Impact: Global Health Communications & Advocacy event held May 10, 2023, at Stanford.
Communicating for Impact: Panel Recording
Resources from Op-Ed Skill Session hosted May 10, 2023
A Sample of Recent Global Health Op-Eds by Stanford Faculty, Staff, and Students
- Literally Anyone Can Catch Covid Right Now | Thomas Lew, USA Today
- I’ve Seen What an AR-15 Does | Thomas Lew, USA Today
- Get Your Flu Shot, Doctor’s Orders (Pleasanton Weekly, 11-28-19)
- Africa’s Different Dengue Symptoms Require New WHO Diagnostic Criteria | Aslam Khan and Desiree LaBeaud, Global Health Now
- We Cannot Afford to Repeat these Four Pandemic Mistakes | Abraar Karan, The BMJ
- Another Way to Fight Disease: Media Training | Kristina Krohn and Michele Barry
- Humanitarian Aid Must Be Allowed to Enter Besieged Tigray Region of Ethiopia | Wasan Kumar, Nature Medicine
- ‘I have trouble envisioning the future beyond a year’ | Britt Wray, CNN Opinion
- Improve CDC’s quarantine stations to prevent the next pandemic | Michele Barry, Stat’s First Opinion
Stanford students, faculty, and staff interested in writing op-eds related to global health are welcome to contact Global Health communications manager Jamie Hansen, email@example.com, for support with editing and pitching.